[comp.terminals] help: kimtron kt-7

cypark@cs.washington.edu (06/20/91)

Is there anyone who is using or has used kimtron kt-7 terminal?
My terminal, which I bought at the Univ. surplus auction 4 years ago,
is not working well.  It displays all of  my typings twice.
I guess that it echos typed characters even in online mode.
Without any manual about the terminal,
I can't find the sequence to set-up and reset it.
Any other information (e.g. kimtron service phone number) would be very welcomed.

ChangYun Park
(cypark@cs.washington.edu)

bernie@metapro.DIALix.oz.au (Bernd Felsche) (06/21/91)

In <1991Jun19.215840.17386@beaver.cs.washington.edu>
   cypark@cs.washington.edu writes:

>Is there anyone who is using or has used kimtron kt-7 terminal?
>My terminal, which I bought at the Univ. surplus auction 4 years ago,
>is not working well.  It displays all of  my typings twice.
>I guess that it echos typed characters even in online mode.
>Without any manual about the terminal,
>I can't find the sequence to set-up and reset it.
>Any other information (e.g. kimtron service phone number) would be very welcomed.

Press SHIFT-SETUP, which should display the setups on line 25. Then
use the cursor keys to go left-right and up-down to go through the
option values. (Or is it space-bar? I haven't used my kt-7 in a while)
You probably want to set full-duplex.

Anybody who can get hold of a service manual: please let me know. I
have an Owner's manual, which is of little use is stopping the EHT
hiss that's appeared.
--
Bernd Felsche,                 _--_|\   #include <std/disclaimer.h>
Metapro Systems,              / sold \  Fax:   +61 9 472 3337

mikc@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Mike Coughlin) (06/22/91)

I have a Kimtron KT-7/PC terminal and a manual. I don't see any way that
the terminal can be put into half duplex mode on power-up, but it could
get that way from noise or a command from the computer. An esc { sets it
in half duplex mode and an esc } sets it in full duplex mode.
The company taking care of Kimtron terminals is named Sherwood and is at
4181 Business Center Drive, Fremont, CA 94538    (415)623-8900 or
(800)777-8755. They sent me a manual for free! The service manual was
only a copy so if I make another it woun't be very clear.