[comp.terminals] Unix support for Tandem terminals?

rlwald@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Robert L. Wald) (06/18/91)

  Does anyone know if unix will support Tandem 6526bcx terminals. I
think that they are RS-232, but I'm told they have some weird
things about them. 386 unix systems to be specific, but it shoudn't
matter. Thanks

-Rob

--
"Suddenly the Earth Coincidence Control Office (ECCO) removed my
penis and handed it to me ... I shouted, "Who's in charge up there,

janm@dramba.neis.oz (Jan Mikkelsen) (06/23/91)

In article <10868@idunno.Princeton.EDU> rlwald@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Robert L. Wald) writes:

>  Does anyone know if unix will support Tandem 6526bcx terminals. I
>think that they are RS-232, but I'm told they have some weird
>things about them. 386 unix systems to be specific, but it shoudn't
>matter. Thanks
>
>-Rob

Only if they do async, rather than blocked async.  You can probably
check this by trying to set the terminal to ANSI mode, rather than
BLOCK or CONVERSATIONAL.

--
Jan Mikkelsen
janm@dramba.neis.oz.AU or janm%dramba.neis.oz@metro.ucc.su.oz.au