[comp.mail.uucp] Needed: sources for smail 2.0

lyndon@ncc.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) (01/15/87)

"Several" people were kind enough to point out that we are woefully
behind in our version of smail...

If someone close to ihnp4,alberta,ubc-vision has a copy of the latest
version, I would appreciate it if they would send a message indicating
they have it so I can make arrangements to pick up the source.

Please DON'T mail the sources!

Thanks to all.
--
Lyndon Nerenberg - Nexus Computing Corp. - lyndon@ncc.UUCP
UUCP: {ihnp4,ubc-vision,vax135,watmath}!alberta!ncc!lyndon

paul@devon.UUCP (01/26/87)

In article <1297@ncc.UUCP>, lyndon@ncc.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
> "Several" people were kind enough to point out that we are woefully
> behind in our version of smail...

This may be a stupid question (although my mommy told me there's no
such thing), but just what _is_ the most current version of smail?

The smail I'm refering to is the one posted by the UUCP-Project
people (is there another?).  The one I'm using was posted to the net
back around August '86.  I haven't seen a newer posting since then,
although I must admit that my USENET connection has had it's ups and
downs in the intervening time frame.

-paul

--
Paul Sutcliffe, Jr.	 UUCP: {seismo,ihnp4,allegra,rutgers}!cbmvax!devon!paul
Devon Computer Services  COMPUSERVE: 76176,502

rjg@nis.UUCP (01/27/87)

In article <204@devon.UUCP> paul@devon.UUCP (Paul Sutcliffe Jr.) writes:
>This may be a stupid question (although my mommy told me there's no
>such thing), but just what _is_ the most current version of smail?

The current version is 2.1.  I've been told that version 2.2 will be
available in the near future.  (Nope.  I don't remember what 'near'
is).

--
 Robert J. Granvin                                 UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!nis!rjg
 Programmer/Analyst - Technical Services            ATT: (612) 894-9494

dan@prairie.UUCP (01/29/87)

In article <154@nis.UUCP> rjg@nis.UUCP (Robert J. Granvin) writes:
>The current version is 2.1.  I've been told that version 2.2 will be
>available in the near future.  (Nope.  I don't remember what 'near'
>is).

   So, was 2.1 ever officially released?  I've been waiting for months
for that event, and I've never seen it.

--
      Dan Frank
	ARPA: dan@db.wisc.edu			ATT: (608) 255-0002 (home)