[comp.mail.uucp] Getting to EARN

forrest@blia.UUCP (05/08/87)

I'm trying to reach a friend of mine who tells me his address
is ALLEN@FRMEU51 on EARN (European Academic Research Net). He
says that this is on BITNET. He's in France. I'm on uucp and my closest
major node is ucbvax. Can I send mail to my friend by using

	ALLEN@FRMEU51.BITNET

My address is ucbvax!mtxinu!blia!forrest. How would he respond to me?

Jon Forrest
ucbvax!mtxinu!blia!forrest

kevin@Lindy.STANFORD.EDU (Kevin Burnett) (05/09/87)

In article <2640@blia.BLI.COM> forrest@blia.BLI.COM (Jon Forrest) writes:
>	ALLEN@FRMEU51.BITNET
>
>My address is ucbvax!mtxinu!blia!forrest. How would he respond to me?

Well, depending on what kind of mailer he's using, he could try using
forrest@blia.BLI.COM (which may or may not work), or even forrest@blia.UUCP,
if his mailer knows about the gateway at psuvax1.

Hope this helps.
--
---
Kevin Burnett

marv@vsedev.VSE.COM (Marvin Raab) (05/09/87)

In article <205@Lindy.STANFORD.EDU> kevin@Lindy.Stanford.EDU (Kevin Burnett) writes:
>Well, depending on what kind of mailer he's using, he could try using
>forrest@blia.BLI.COM (which may or may not work), or even forrest@blia.UUCP,
>if his mailer knows about the gateway at psuvax1.

     If he's on a CMS machine, use the following command:

           mail forrest@blia.UUCP (mixed

                       -marvin

--
Marvin Raab                                      Arlington, VA 22202
   ...!seismo!vsedev!marv                        703-521-5449 (h)