[comp.mail.uucp] Mac or PC <--> UUCP

sr16+@andrew.cmu.edu (Seth Benjamin Rothenberg) (07/10/87)

Could someone tell me what software is available for a Macintosh
and/or PC to become a UUCP (end) node?  Is there anything in the
PD?
Thanks
Seth Rothenberg
sr16@andrew.cmu.edu
seismo!andrew.cmu.edu!sr16

emv@pepe.cc.umich.edu (Ed Vielmetti) (07/14/87)

In article <4UxGZDy00Uo5oGI0=W@andrew.cmu.edu> sr16+@andrew.cmu.edu (Seth Benjamin Rothenberg) writes:

>Could someone tell me what software is available for a Macintosh
>and/or PC to become a UUCP (end) node?  Is there anything in the
>PD?
>Thanks
>Seth Rothenberg
>sr16@andrew.cmu.edu
>seismo!andrew.cmu.edu!sr16

Seth, there's a program that goes by the name of "uuclone" which implements
uucp for ms-dos.  There's sources in Microsoft C v4.0 and binaries available
on DEC's Market system (if it's still around), marlboro.dec.com, in either
the cc: section or the msdos: section under the name of PDUUCP.ARC.  To
be sure of where it is, telnet to market, login with LOGIN LCG.KERMIT KERMIT,
type NEWS to read the bboards there.

The original author is Rick Lamb.

Edward Vielmetti, U-Michigan Workstations Group, emv@umix.cc.umich.edu
                                                 seismo!umix!emv

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (07/14/87)

In article <4UxGZDy00Uo5oGI0=W@andrew.cmu.edu> sr16+@andrew.cmu.edu (Seth Benjamin Rothenberg) writes:

>Could someone tell me what software is available for a Macintosh
>and/or PC to become a UUCP (end) node?  Is there anything in the
>PD?
>Thanks
>Seth Rothenberg
>sr16@andrew.cmu.edu
>seismo!andrew.cmu.edu!sr16

   Drop me mail at pozar@hoptoad.UUCP and I'll tell you
ALL about it....
   Speak fido!

--
        Tim Pozar
UUCP    pozar@hoptoad.UUCP

davido@gordon.UUCP (07/14/87)

In article <624@umix.cc.umich.edu> emv@pepe.cc.umich.edu (Ed Vielmetti) writes:
>In article <4UxGZDy00Uo5oGI0=W@andrew.cmu.edu> sr16+@andrew.cmu.edu (Seth Benjamin Rothenberg) writes:
>>
>>Could someone tell me what software is available for a Macintosh
>>and/or PC to become a UUCP (end) node?  Is there anything in the

>Seth, there's a program that goes by the name of "uuclone" which implements
>uucp for ms-dos.  There's sources in Microsoft C v4.0 and binaries available

Could somebody please post this or mail it to me?  I don't have telnet or
arpa ftp access.

Thanks, very much...

me

David Ornstein		"Never join a religion that has a water slide."

Internet:	davido@gordon.uucp
UUCP:		{mit-eddie|seismo}!mirror!gordon!davido
	     or {harvard|ames|decvax|husc6}!necntc!davido
US Snail:	Access Technology, 6 Pleasant St, Natck MA 01760