[comp.mail.uucp] Can sendmail use pathalias data?

bob@acornrc.UUCP (Bob Weissman) (07/21/87)

I've been unable to determine how to diddle sendmail.cf or (gasp)
sendmail itself to use the pathalias data distributed over comp.mail.maps.

Is this possible?  If so, how?  Or do I have to switch to a more modern
mailer?

Thanks much.

--
Bob Weissman
Internet:	bob@acornrc.UUCP

avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) (07/22/87)

In article <425@acornrc.UUCP> bob@acornrc.UUCP (Bob Weissman) writes:
>I've been unable to determine how to diddle sendmail.cf or (gasp)
>sendmail itself to use the pathalias data distributed over comp.mail.maps.

Instead of having sendmail pass mail to uux (see the uucp mailer def
in sendmail.cf) you specify another mailer which uses the pathaliases
database information.  For example you could use uumail or smail, both
of which have been distributed on comp.sources.whateveritiscallednow.

Fred