[comp.mail.uucp] bitnet gateway needed

ljc@drutx.ATT.COM (ClerLJ) (10/27/87)

greetings:

i'm looking for a good path to a bitnet site in lausanne switzerland.
our machines feed to ihnp4 (and perhaps others).

also what is the correct syntax for a bitnet address?  i presume
something like:

	ihnp4!gateway!clsepf51.bitnet!logid

when i receive mail from the logid in switzerland, clsepf51, bitnet,
& logid are variously in uppercase and lowercase, depending apparantly
on the phases of the moon or some such arkane trivia.  what is correct?

in addition what is a good path from clsepf51 to ihnp4?

thanx very much for any help.

				larry cler
				ihnp4!drutx!ljc

ehrlich@psuvax1.UUCP (10/28/87)

In article <5745@drutx.ATT.COM> ljc@drutx.ATT.COM (ClerLJ) writes:
>greetings:
>
>i'm looking for a good path to a bitnet site in lausanne switzerland.
>our machines feed to ihnp4 (and perhaps others).
>
>also what is the correct syntax for a bitnet address?  i presume
>something like:
>
>	ihnp4!gateway!clsepf51.bitnet!logid

This host, psuvax1, is the official UUCP <-> BITnet gateway.  Just plug
"psuvax1" in to the above address, ihnp4!psuvax1!clsepf51.bitnet!logid,
and you should be home free.  Let me know if this does not work for you.

--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@psuvax1.{psu.edu,bitnet,uucp}>
The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Computer Science