[comp.mail.uucp] What is this UUPC stuff?

skl@van-bc.UUCP (Samuel Lam) (11/15/87)

In article <699@rlgvax.UUCP> dennis@rlgvax.UUCP (Dennis.Bednar) writes:

> One question: Is UUPC a version of UUCP that runs on the IBM-PC?

Yes, but it runs on other types of computers as well.

> Is UUPC only to be used interactively to send files between your
> UNIX mainframe and your PC (I would imagine that you use it much
> like kermit, you start up a terminal emulator program that allows
> you log into UNIX via the PC serial com port, then start up a remote
> uucico program on UNIX, then tell the local program to start chatting
> with the UNIX uucico program, to do the file transfer

No, it works in "batch" mode like the uucico in standard UUCP.

> Some overviews on UUPC please?

One will be posted in a separate article soon.

...Sam
--
Samuel Lam     <Samuel.Lam@van-bc.UUCP> or
{ihnp4!alberta,watmath,uw-beaver}!ubc-vision!van-bc!skl