[comp.mail.uucp] need mail path from cblpe

mrb@psueclb.BITNET (01/09/88)

Hi ---

First, let me apologize if this is the incorrect group for this posting.
I checked them all, and this seemed the best fit.

Here's my question ---

I have a friend who works at "cblpe" in Columbus, Ohio.  The userid is "ram".
I can send her mail just fine through our uucp gateway/gmail from the vax
(bitnet) and it is received with no problem.  But.....

She cannot find anyone to advise her on how to reply...."cblpe" is a
UNIX system, and I thought someone on the net could help.  What sort of
UUCP Mail Commands/routing/black magic/etc. should ram@cblpe use to
get back to mrb@psuecl (a BITNET site at Penna. State University).

Also, there is a need for her to email to user "muha" at "gondor" (a
PSU Unix system)....can someone elaborate on the procedure for this, too.

Thanks for all your help....I will watch this newsgroup in case email
replies to me do not get through.

M. Baker
MRB @ PSUECL (via BITNET)

dpz@athos.rutgers.edu (David P. Zimmerman) (01/12/88)

In article <920@PSUECLB> mrb@psueclb.BITNET writes:

> She cannot find anyone to advise her on how to reply...."cblpe" is a
> UNIX system, and I thought someone on the net could help.  What sort of
> UUCP Mail Commands/routing/black magic/etc. should ram@cblpe use to
> get back to mrb@psuecl (a BITNET site at Penna. State University).

There are a number of ways to get there, most of the differences
arising how you phrase the address and how smart the mailers at the
site and along the way are.  The address most likely to work is:

	moss!rutgers!psuecl.bitnet!mrb

Although she should also try mrb@psuecl.bitnet, psuecl.bitnet!mrb, and
moss!psuecl.bitnet!mrb, (in that order), because those addresses are
more flexible due to their use of mail routing.

> Also, there is a need for her to email to user "muha" at "gondor" (a
> PSU Unix system)....can someone elaborate on the procedure for this, too.

	moss!rutgers!gondor!muha

should do it, although again, she will want to try gondor!muha because
that would involve semi-dynamic mail routing.

						dpz
--
Internet: dpz@rutgers.edu   UUCP: rutgers!dpz   Bitnet: zimmerman@zodiac

indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) (01/13/88)

In article <920@PSUECLB> mrb@psueclb.BITNET writes:
>I have a friend who works at "cblpe" in Columbus, Ohio.  The userid is "ram".
>I can send her mail just fine through our uucp gateway/gmail from the vax
>(bitnet) and it is received with no problem.  But.....
>M. Baker
>MRB @ PSUECL (via BITNET)

cblpe is routed through a node called 'clyde' from amdcad. I have successfully
sent mail to psuvm using: decwrl!ucbvax!jade.Berkeley.edu!xxx%PSUVM.BITNET .
So, I would imagine if your friend at 'cblpe' tries:
    clyde!amdcad!decwrl!ucbvax!jade.Berkeley.edu!ram%PSUECLB.BITNET
it ought to work.
	While I am no UUCP guru or anything, this is the attempt I would make.
If any other netter has a better way... please correct me.

--
-I said so... & said it for myself.             Indra K. Singhal