[comp.mail.uucp] uppercase system name in mail headers

bcs212@vader.UUCP (Vince Skahan) (03/01/88)

Can anyone help me with why my system name appears in uppercase
in mail headers and when I do a "who am i" even though it appears
in lower case everywhere on the system ?

--
     Vince Skahan            Boeing Computer Services - Phila.
    (215) 591-4116           INTERNET:  bcs212%psev@boeing.com

ehrlich@blitz (Dan Ehrlich) (03/03/88)

In article <146@vader.UUCP> bcs212@vader.UUCP (Vince Skahan) writes:
>Can anyone help me with why my system name appears in uppercase
>in mail headers and when I do a "who am i" even though it appears
>in lower case everywhere on the system ?

It shouldn't really matter to most mail software (except uucp) what
case system names or user names are in.  As to why it is displayed in
upper case I would suggest that you find the system manager for your
site and ask them.  It is usually a personal matter.

>--
>     Vince Skahan            Boeing Computer Services - Phila.
>    (215) 591-4116           INTERNET:  bcs212%psev@boeing.com
>                             UUCP: {...rutgers!bpa!}vader!bcs212
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@psuvax1.{psu.edu,bitnet,uucp}>
The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Computer Science
333 Whitmore Laboratory, University Park, PA   16802
+1 814 863 1142 or +1 814 865 9723