[comp.mail.uucp] Need documentation!

ewiles@netxcom.UUCP (Edwin Wiles) (03/05/88)

Help!

	I need the documents that describe the UUCP protocol.  Preferably all
	of them, but I'll settle for the ones that define the 'G' protocol.
	Any help would be greatly appreciated!

						Thanks!
--
...!hadron\   "Who?... Me?... WHAT opinions?!?" | Edwin Wiles
  ...!sundc\   Schedule: (n.) An ever changing	| NetExpress Comm., Inc.

jbm@uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) (03/07/88)

In article <702@netxcom.UUCP> ewiles@netxcom.UUCP (Edwin Wiles) writes:
>	I need the documents that describe the UUCP protocol.  Preferably all
>	of them, but I'll settle for the ones that define the 'G' protocol.

Me too.
--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm@uncle.UUCP, {ihnp4|osu-cis}!n8emr!uncle!jbm
home: (614) 294-4823, work: (614) 459-7641; talk to me about fractals

gerry@syntron.UUCP (G. Roderick Singleton) (03/09/88)

In article <227@uncle.UUCP>, jbm@uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) writes:
> In article <702@netxcom.UUCP> ewiles@netxcom.UUCP (Edwin Wiles) writes:
> >	I need the documents that describe the UUCP protocol.  Preferably all
> >	of them, but I'll settle for the ones that define the 'G' protocol.
>
> Me too.

For personal use the best sources are the UNIX Programmer's Manual, Vols 1 & 2
published by Holt, Rinehart and Winston plus a compact little book on UUCP put
out by Nutshell in the Boston area.  Nutshell also publishes an implementation
guide that likely has some information in it as well.

I have used the HRW manual set for my own work and found it adequate (there
doesn't seem to be much available on uucp) for trying to bash the sources.
At least these two sources will provide a start.

BTW, the article on Telebit Trailblazers by Mike Ballard might also prove
useful.

gerry

--
G. Roderick Singleton, Technical Services Manager
{ syntron | geac | eclectic }!gerry