[net.records] The new Police album

robin@nmtvax.UUCP (06/10/83)

Subject: The new Police album
Newsgroups: net.records, net.music

                     SYNCHRONICITY IS OUT

Well folks,

>From all indications, the new release from the Police is available
and floating in a record store near you. At least, this is what I
heard on the radio a couple days ago. The new album is called
"Synchronicity" and it is reported to have on the order of 36 (that's
right, thirty-six) different covers, consisting of strips designated
to each member of the band. These strips run from front to back and
are filled with shots picked by the members and covered with stokes of
paint A&M's art department( or some similar group). The covers differ
by changing positions, colours, and by shifting the contents in a circle.

Being in a somewhat small town where the only vendor of records is the
local Safeway(a supermarket, for those who never heard of the place), I
have not seen or heard the album yet. However, Rolling Stone has a
review in the current issue(sorry, I don't have a date).

Rolling Stone's review gives the album 4 1/2 stars on their 5 star
rating system. They were impressed enough to say that 'Synchronicity'
is the best thing put out by the Police so far. The cuts on the album
include 'Synchronicity', 'Synchronicity II','Tea in the Sahara','Walking
in Your Footsteps','O My God','Mother'(written by Andy Summers),'Miss
Gradenko'(written by Stewart Copeland),'Every Breath You Take','King of
Pain' and 'Wrapped around your Finger'. Except where noted, all the cuts
where written by Sting.

If you want to find out more about the album, the Rolling Stone review
is the issue with Men At Work on the cover, or, if you are in a city with
a decent record store, you could go buy it, I suppose. If you have it,
could you please send me your opinon of it. I have their albums from
'Outlandos d'amour' to 'Ghost in the Machine', so I am going to get it
anyway, but I want to hear about how it sounds.

                                       Looking for Sally,

                                        Allan F. Perry
                                     unmvax!nmtvax!robin