[comp.mail.uucp] Smail3.1

chongo@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Landon Curt Noll) (06/19/88)

In article <8cxtXf2ifC1010ZZURE@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> tron@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Ronald S. Karr) writes:
 >Other features in Smail3.1 are:

In addition the above:

    * no required configuration files for simple sites (config files
      override compiled in options)

    * configuration files are in easy to read format (no sendmail.cf files!)

    * pathalias and comp.mail.maps processing tools

    * RFC822/RFC976 conformance

    * supports Sun Yellow Pages

 >Anybody interested in more information on smail (such as the current
 >set of man pages) can send mail to:
 >
 >	info-smail-request@uts.amdahl.com
 >	{decwrl,sun,uunet}!amdahl!info-smail-request
 >
 >to get on the smail3.1 information mailing list.

We are interested in expanding our Alpha base to a somewhat wider
collection of machines.  If are willing to install Smail3.1 and are
willing to provide us with feedback, drop a request to the above Email
address.

 >The authors of Smail3.1 are Ronald S. Karr (myself) and Landon Curt Noll.
 >Both of us are employees at Amdahl Corp. of Sunnyvale CA.

We will be at Usenix, so if we don't reply quickly you will know why.

chongo <> /\oo/\
--
[views above shouldn't be viewed as Amdahl views, or as views from Amdahl, or
 as Amdahl views views, or as views by Mr. Amdahl, or as views from his house]