[comp.mail.uucp] rock-em sock-em hackers at decwrl!

jordan@zooks.ads.com (Jordan Hayes) (07/20/88)

Brian Reid <reid@decwrl.dec.com> sez:

	Paul Vixie <vixie@palo-alto.DEC.COM> writes:

		the one thing we don't do (yet) is find a path to
		"xyzzy" if they aren't found in the above search path
		but are in the UUCP map.

	And with a little luck, we never will. This kind of pseudo-AI
	belongs in user agents, not transport.

I wanna see a clean fight, and may the pathalias-hater win. :-)

/jordan

vixie@palo-alto.DEC.COM (Paul Vixie) (07/20/88)

vixie@decwrl:

reid@decwrl:
# And with a little luck, we never will. This kind of pseudo-AI
# belongs in user agents, not transport.

Jordan Hayes:
# I wanna see a clean fight, and may the pathalias-hater win. :-)

Oh, hush.

Brian and I usually find that we mean the same thing but say it differently.
--
Paul Vixie
Digital Equipment Corporation	Work:  vixie@dec.com	Play:  paul@vixie.UUCP

edward@engr.uky.edu (Edward C. Bennett) (07/20/88)

vixie@decwrl:

vixie@decwrl again:
>Oh, hush.
>Brian and I usually find that we mean the same thing but say it differently.

And if that doesn't work, they just duke it out at the water cooler.

;-)

--
Edward C. Bennett				DOMAIN: edward@engr.uky.edu
(606) 257-4938				UUCP: {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!ukecc!edward

henry@garp.mit.edu (Henry Mensch) (07/21/88)

->Jordan Hayes:
->># I wanna see a clean fight, and may the pathalias-hater win. :-)

Now, now, /j ... pathalias itself isn't so bad, it's just what people
*do* with it ... 8-}

# Henry Mensch  /  <henry@garp.mit.edu>  /  E40-379 MIT,  Cambridge, MA
# {ames,cca,decvax,harvard,lotus,mit-eddie,rochester,soft21}!garp!henry