[comp.mail.uucp] wait, wait, hold on, be careful, slow down

vixie@decwrl.dec.com (Paul Vixie) (09/01/88)

Joe Buck makes some good points, and on the whole he has a good attitude,
but I take great exception to the following:

In article <2440@epimass.EPI.COM> jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) writes:
# (Mark Horton):
# >Frankly, I wouldn't mind having more time to spend with my children.
#
# Then do so.  No one is indispensible as a volunteer.

Mark is indispensible.  This is not open to argument or discussion.

Let's be careful with eachother, okay?
--
Paul Vixie
Work:    vixie@decwrl.dec.com    decwrl!vixie    +1 415 853 6600

jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) (09/01/88)

# (Mark Horton):
# >Frankly, I wouldn't mind having more time to spend with my children.

 (Me:)
># Then do so.  No one is indispensible as a volunteer.

>Paul Vixie:
>Mark is indispensible.  This is not open to argument or discussion.
>Let's be careful with eachother, okay?

Mark, I apologize for the tone of that remark, but not for the meaning
behind it.  If the UUCP Project is really harming your personal life,
then drop it and spend more time with your children.  Seriously.
Children need their father, and there are other people who can fill
in.

Paul, Mark has made absolutely vital contributions to the net (like
writing B news, for example).  But if he decides to leave, we'll go on
somehow.  No one is indispensible.
--
- Joe Buck  {uunet,ucbvax,pyramid,<smart-site>}!epimass.epi.com!jbuck
jbuck@epimass.epi.com	Old Arpa mailers: jbuck%epimass.epi.com@uunet.uu.net