[comp.mail.uucp] Bad map entry in u.dmk.1

campbell@redsox.UUCP (Larry Campbell) (01/30/89)

The map file u.dmk.1 contains the following line on my system (in the entry
for dkuug):

	diku(LOCAL), dkibt(DIRECAILY),

This makes pathalias unhappy.  Is this a global problem, or did the file
get gronked on its way to my system?
--
Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
campbell@bsw.com                        120 Fulton Street

dg@lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) (01/31/89)

campbell@redsox.UUCP (Larry Campbell) sez:
] The map file u.dmk.1 contains the following line on my system (in the entry
] for dkuug):
]
] 	diku(LOCAL), dkibt(DIRECAILY),
]
] This makes pathalias unhappy.  Is this a global problem, or did the file
] get gronked on its way to my system?
] --
] Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
] campbell@bsw.com                        120 Fulton Street
] wjh12!redsox!campbell                   Boston, MA 02146

Admittely I'm only a hop and a jump from Mr Campbell (Newton is just outside
Boston), but the file is scrunged here. If you have uuhosts you can check
real fast: just do a 'uuhosts -f dkuug'. What about the west coast??

What is a little more worrying is that dkuug appears to have it's neighbours
in alphabetical order. However following the offending line is a big gap
from 'd' to 'n', as if a block of the file just vanised into /dev/null. Is
it possible to get the map file for a particular area reposted?
--
	dg@lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+
						IHS	| +-+-+

sergej@rimfaxe.diku.dk (S|ren O. Jensen) (01/31/89)

campbell@redsox.UUCP (Larry Campbell) writes:

>The map file u.dmk.1 contains the following line on my system (in the entry
>for dkuug):
>	diku(LOCAL), dkibt(DIRECAILY),
>This makes pathalias unhappy.  Is this a global problem, or did the file
>get gronked on its way to my system?

Some US sites seems to have a seriously damaged version af our map.
Several characters are missing in the file. We haven't recieved any
complaints from Europe so apparently it's a US problem.

Try to obtain a new version of the file from your backbone.

BTW. how old is your u.dmk.1 file?

----
S|ren Oskar Jensen (sergej@diku.dk)
	"When the going gets weird the weird turns pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

lmb@vicom.COM (Larry Blair) (02/02/89)

In article <408@lakart.UUCP> dg@lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:
=What about the west coast??

Our original version arrived damaged.  The path was:

Apple, who get their news from a different set of sites, received it clean.
Unfortunately, I don't know the path.  Perhaps someone else with a clobbered
version can find the common site in the path.

Btw, this is one of the reasons that I don't run pathalias via cron.
--
Larry Blair   ames!vsi1!lmb   lmb@vicom.com