[comp.mail.uucp] UUPC<->HDB

I am trying to get my PC talking via UUPC to my IBM RT/AIX v2.2.1
running HDB UUCP at work. The documentation I have with my UUPC is dated
August 1987. I have looked around uunet.uu.net and that appears to be
the latest one there. (if not, please let me know where to get the
latest and greatest) I can send mail fine from my PC to the RT. I can
uucp a file from the RT to the PC fine. However, when mail is sent from
the RT to the PC, it is transferred into the spool directory but never
delivered. I have tried having my PC call a SUN running SUNOS3.4 and
mail trasnfers fine in both directions. Anybody have any clues for me?
I'm about to delve into the sources, but if anyone has an answer for me
it'd save me a lot of time.

Advance thanx,

John H. Lawitzke      UUCP: ...rutgers!mailrus!frith!fciiho!jhl
Michigan Farm Bureau        ...decvax!purdue!mailrus!frith!fciiho!jhl
Insurance Group             ...uunet!frith!jhl
"My other computer is an IBM RT Model 135"

jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) (02/15/89)

In article <1820@cps3xx.UUCP> jhl@frith.egr.msu.edu (John H. Lawitzke) writes:
>I am trying to get my PC talking via UUPC to my IBM RT/AIX v2.2.1
>running HDB UUCP at work. The documentation I have with my UUPC is dated
>August 1987. I have looked around uunet.uu.net and that appears to be
>the latest one there. (if not, please let me know where to get the
>latest and greatest)

The first publicly distributed version of UUPC made some overly
restrictive assumptions about what X. filenames look like; as a
result, it won't work when talking to an HDB site, because HDB names
the files differently than version 7-based UUCPs do.  Fortunately, the
latest and greatest UUPC does work with HDB sites, and is also much
nicer in other ways (better interface to the mailer, for instance).  I
am now using the "post-1.0-interim" version, which I UUCP'ed off of
van-bc.  It may or may not be available at uunet yet.  It can be FTP'd
from a variety of places.
--
-- Joe Buck	jbuck@epimass.epi.com, uunet!epimass.epi.com!jbuck
This is the true joy in life ... being a force of nature instead of a