[comp.mail.uucp] Gateway between 3Com 3+mail and Unix mail?

matthew@uvabick.UUCP (Matthew D. Lewis) (02/10/89)

Hello!  Here at the University of Amsterdam we have use 3Com networking
software on both our PCs and Macs.  We also have a couple of Unix boxes
on the Ethernet, and a FastPath to connect the Phonenet to the Ethernet.

Has anyone worked out a way to gateway 3+mail to Unix, and vica-versa?  It
would be really nice to still be able to use 3+mail, which our PC users
are accustomed to using, and still talk to the wider world.

Thanks in advance....

--
Matthew Lewis, University of Amsterdam		Grote Bickersstraat 72
31-20-52 51 220					1013 KS  Amsterdam

frankh@durin.middle_earth.COM (Frank Halsema) (02/16/89)

In article <461@uvabick.UUCP>, matthew@uvabick.UUCP (Matthew D. Lewis) writes:
> Hello!  Here at the University of Amsterdam we have use 3Com networking
> software on both our PCs and Macs.  We also have a couple of Unix boxes
> on the Ethernet, and a FastPath to connect the Phonenet to the Ethernet.
>
> Has anyone worked out a way to gateway 3+mail to Unix, and vica-versa?  It
> would be really nice to still be able to use 3+mail, which our PC users
> are accustomed to using, and still talk to the wider world.
>
> Thanks in advance....

I have been asked to solve this too and would be interested if anyone
has worked out the details

                                                               *
                                                             * *
Frank Halsema                                             /\* *
SPARTA, Inc.                                             / .\*
23041 de la Carlota, Suite 400                          / /\.\
Laguna Hills Ca, 92653                                 / .\.  \
(714) 768-8161                                         \...\  /
(714) 583-9114 FAX                                     *\.\/ /
                                                      * *\  /
durin!frankh                                         ***  \/

mbroadbe@gldsyd.OZ (Mark Broadbent) (02/20/89)

matthew@uvabick.UUCP (Matthew D. Lewis) and frankh@durin.middle_earth.COM
(Frank Halsema), both ask:
> > Has anyone worked out a way to gateway 3+mail to Unix, and vica-versa?

I also am looking for a solution to this problem.

Mark Broadbent   		ACSnet:  mbroadbe@gldsyd.oz
Unix System Analyst		UUCP:    ...!uunet!munnari!gldsyd.oz!mbroadbe
                                ARPANET:  mbroadbe%gldsyd.oz@uunet.uu.net

GOULD ELECTRONICS Pty. Limited. (Computer Systems Division)
16th Floor, 122 Arthur St,		 	+++
North Sydney, 2060.			    ==== +++  GOULD
N.S.W.  Australia.				+++
Tel. 61-2-957-2522

eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) (02/23/89)

In article <20@gldsyd.OZ> mbroadbe@gldsyd.OZ (Mark Broadbent) writes:
>matthew@uvabick.UUCP (Matthew D. Lewis) and frankh@durin.middle_earth.COM
>(Frank Halsema), both ask:
>> > Has anyone worked out a way to gateway 3+mail to Unix, and vica-versa?
>
>I also am looking for a solution to this problem.

	supposedly, 3Com has a new product which solves this problem.

	could someone at 3com please respond further !?!?
	are you out there???  hello???

--
   Steve Elias (chipcom!eli@spdcc.com);((6172399406)%(6178906844)) (smile^3)

matthew@uvabick.UUCP (Matthew D. Lewis) (02/24/89)

@spdcc.SPDCC.COM>
Hello everyone.  First, I would like to aplogize for not having specified
a followup to on the original article.  There is one here, and I think that
comp.mail.misc is a good place for this.

So, I am not posting the entire article to anywhere but comp.mail.misc.

Regards!