[comp.mail.uucp] uucp for PCs

thomas@mvac.UUCP (Thomas Lapp) (03/15/89)

Several requests have come over recently asking about running a uucp node
on a PC.  I'll not try to cover everything with this posting, but I will
say that this node is running on an XT clone with MS-DOS 3.3.  I have
experience with two mailer programs, UUPC and UULINK.  If there is interest,
I can go into more detail with  my experiences in a followup posting.
                         - tom
(Nope, Reply will *not* work.  Choose one from below to use for replying to
 me).                                    -------------------------------------
uucp:     ...!udel!mvac!thomas          ! "..so when the machine throws away
Internet: mvac!thomas@udel.edu          !  excess bits, it throws them under
          or                            !  the raised floor." -- Fred Felber
          thomas%mvac.uucp@udel.edu     !  (so THAT's why we have raised
BITNET:   thomas!mvac%udel.edu@CUNYVM   !   floors in computer rooms...)

zhangy@spot.Colorado.EDU (ZHANG YU) (03/15/89)

In article <4.UUL1.3#5131@mvac.UUCP> udel.edu!mvac!thomas writes:
>Several requests have come over recently asking about running a uucp node
>on a PC.  I'll not try to cover everything with this posting, but I will
>say that this node is running on an XT clone with MS-DOS 3.3.  I have
>experience with two mailer programs, UUPC and UULINK.  If there is interest,
>I can go into more detail with  my experiences in a followup posting.
>                         - tom
	Yes. I am interesting in this topic. Specially I am interesting in
how to connect IBM so that I can use uupc. Thank you.
-zhangy@spot.colorado.edu