[comp.mail.uucp] uucp protocol selection question.

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) (04/21/89)

In article <505@lakart.UUCP> dg@lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:
>kadmon!jason@mtxinu.com (Jason Venner) sez:
>> I would like my uucp to try for different protocols depending on what
>> io device the uucico is running on at the time.
>>
>> Is there a way to specify the preferred protocol?

If you're running HoneyDanBer UUCP, you can specify either in the Systems
or Devices file what protocols are usable.

Devices:

ACU[,protocols] .....

Systems:

system Any[,protocols] ....

where the optional 'protocols' field says what the system will offer when
using that device or calling that system.

						Bob Halloran
						Distributed Programming
						  Tools Group
UUCP: {att, rutgers}!mtune!rkh			DDD: (201)957-6034
Internet:   rkh@mtune.ATT.COM
USPS: AT&T Bell Labs, 200 Laurel Ave Rm 3G-314 Middletown NJ 07748
Quote: If Basic is for backward children, and Pascal for naughty
  schoolboys, then C is the language for consenting adults - Brian Kernighan