[comp.mail.uucp] Can I get there from here ???

sccm@tcistl2.UUCP (Mason) (06/17/89)

There is someone I would like to send e-mail to working for Bell Labs
at Homedel, NJ.

I know the proper "AT&T MAIL address" for this person, but how would
I direct from uunet to AT&T MAIL, if such a path is possible ??

Please e-mail any suggestions.

Thanks for the help...

Regards,

Stephen Comfort-Mason
uunet!tcistl2!sccm

mark@cbnews.ATT.COM (Mark Horton) (06/22/89)

In article <331@tcistl2.UUCP> sccm@tcistl2.UUCP (Mason) writes:
>There is someone I would like to send e-mail to working for Bell Labs
>at Homedel, NJ.
>
>I know the proper "AT&T MAIL address" for this person, but how would
>I direct from uunet to AT&T MAIL, if such a path is possible ??
>
>Please e-mail any suggestions.
>
>Thanks for the help...
>
>Regards,
>
>Stephen Comfort-Mason
>uunet!tcistl2!sccm

All AT&T employees can be reached with email addresses like
	ian.m.ross@ATT.COM
and this includes AT&T employees who live on ATTMAIL.  (It only
includes AT&T employees with email addresses in our database,
which mostly means Bell Labs and R&D people, not the clerks in
the phone center stores.)

To contact AT&T Mail for any other reason (e.g. to communicate
with AT&T Mail customers who are not AT&T employees, or to use
their other features) call 1-800-MAIL-672.

	Mark Horton

rdr@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Dean Riddlebarger) (06/22/89)

There are a lot of unix machines within AT&T that have some level
of 'gateway' status with the attmail backbone.  Most are locked
away from the outside world, but a few dual sites exist.  I've
never had a reason to try this addressing scheme, but I might
suggest a uucp path something like this:

...somewhere!att!attmail!id

This is basically the same suggestion as the name[at]ATT.COM which
was previously posted, but the addition of the 'attmail' *might*
cover those employees who are not in the R'n'D databases.

Dean Riddlebarger
Systems Consultant - AT&T
[216] 348-6863
attmail: !riddlebarger