[comp.mail.uucp] T1000

barton@holston.UUCP (barton) (07/06/89)

I'm considering adding the T1000 to our system and have a couple
of questions.

1. Is there a special program needed to dial the T1000, I've heard
reference to the dialTBIT program. Do I need this? Where do I get
it?

2. Since the T1000 is neither V.32 nor MNP supportive, should we
get the T2500 instead? Will we be left in the cold when a pre-
dominate 9600b standard emerges?

Any suggestions appreciated: Configuration: AT compatable running
SCO Xenix 2.2.1.

--
Barton A. Fisk          | UUCP: {attctc,texbell,vector}!warble!holston!barton
PO Box 1781             | DOMAIN: barton@holston

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (07/07/89)

barton@holston.UUCP (barton) writes:

>I'm considering adding the T1000 to our system and have a couple
>of questions.

>1. Is there a special program needed to dial the T1000, I've heard
>reference to the dialTBIT program. Do I need this? Where do I get
>it?

Yes.  Call SCO and ask for the Telebit diskette.  Then you will have
to reconfigure UUCP to call the dialTBIT program instead of the normal
dialer.

>2. Since the T1000 is neither V.32 nor MNP supportive, should we
>get the T2500 instead? Will we be left in the cold when a pre-
>dominate 9600b standard emerges?

You will have to consider what you want to do.  V.32 and MNP are not any
faster then the T-1000.  If all you want to do is to connect with other
sites that also have Telebits then go with the T-1000.  If you are going
to be a dial-in site for many different systems, some of which will have
MNP or V.32, then go with the T-2500.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon