[comp.mail.uucp] Domain-style address on 7300

jimmy@denwa.uucp (Jim Gottlieb) (07/23/89)

In article <9492@alice.UUCP> wilber@alice.UUCP (Bob Wilber) writes:

>The latest version of smail is 2.5 (I think) and can be found in Volume 11 of
>your nearest comp.sources.unix archive.  I have a minor unofficial patch in my
>/pkg/smail directory but I don't recall where it was posted.  I don't think
>it's important.

Smail2.5, as distributed has a few problems.  Its binary search
routines don't always find names in the paths file, and it often sends
two copies of a letter to someone (specifically, to a person on the
smart-host if the smart-host is being used to resolve the address of
someone else that the letter is going to).

I have applied two unofficial patches to fix these problems.  They
helped, but both the problems still occur sometimes.  I would
appreciate hearing from anyone that has both these problems completely
solved.  Thanks.
--
                              Jim Gottlieb
  E-Mail: <jimmy@denwa.uucp> or <jimmy@pic.ucla.edu> or <attmail!denwa!jimmy>