[comp.mail.uucp] Which mail do we keep?

knutsen@pilot.njin.net (Mark Knutsen) (11/28/89)

My next UFGATE question:

What is it about a received UUCP mail message that causes UFGATE's
mailin program to realize it's for this system?  Mine is attempting to
UUCP-forward stuff it should be putting into its local Fido spool
directory.
--
Mark (I went to Norway this summer) Knutsen | "Not of  | knutsen@pilot.njin.net
Student Systems Programmer                  |  this    |    knutsen@rutgers.edu

nomad@convex1.uucp (Lee Damon) (11/29/89)

In article <Nov.27.23.10.39.1989.28741@pilot.njin.net> knutsen@pilot.njin.net (Mark Knutsen) writes:
>My next UFGATE question:
>What is it about a received UUCP mail message that causes UFGATE's
>mailin program to realize it's for this system?  Mine is attempting to
>UUCP-forward stuff it should be putting into its local Fido spool
>directory.

UFGATE related questions should be posted to the UFGATE echo on
fidonet.  (variously available as a mailing list (mail to
ufgate-list-request@cs.orst.edu)) and in some places as a newsgroup
called fidonet.ufgate.

The answer is, the "hostname" statement in your ufgate.ctl file should
list all names and aliases. See the documentation that comes with
UFGATE for more information.

nomad (hostmaster for fidonet.org)
work: convex!nomad or nomad@convex.com        - Lee "nomad" Damon -     \
Marketing Computer Systems Administrator - Convex [Super]Computer Co.  / \
"I'm a technocrat, and I'm OK. I work all night and I work all day."  /   \