[comp.mail.uucp] unix to unix copy for a group of archive files

per@erix.ericsson.se (Per Hedeland) (04/08/90)

In article <375@ssdc?> jjohns@ssdc (jim Johns) writes:
>The command which I issued was uucp uunet!~ftp/networking/ka9q/* filename
>uucp would not accept this command.

The problem with this (provided you get the quoting right, which may well be
your primary problem, if "uucp would not accept" it), is that, at least in
the versions of uucp that I've used, it will attempt to execute a new *uucp*
command at the remote end to initiate the actual transfer. Since most sites
don't allow remote execution of 'uucp' for security reasons, it will fail.

--Per Hedeland
per@erix.ericsson.se  or
per%erix.ericsson.se@uunet.uu.net  or
...uunet!erix.ericsson.se!per