[comp.mail.uucp] UUPC Manual--What's this in my mailbox

nolan@tssi.UUCP (Michael Nolan) (06/02/90)

Can anybody (especially at the site 'sequent') explain this in my mailbox:

>From uucp Fri Jun  1 12:15 CDT 1990
>>From frith!umich!mailrus!uwm!ogicse!tektronix.TEK.COM!sequent!Uucp  Fri Jun  1 09:35:52 1990 remote from upba
[several 'Received from' lines deleted]
>Date: Thu, 31 May 90 13:18:26 -0700
>From: frith!umich!mailrus!uwm!ogicse!sequent!uucp
>To: sharkey!citi!rutgers!ogicse!sequent!tektronix!upba!tssi!nolan
>Subject: uuxqt cmd (rmail TEK.COM!RELAY.CS.NET!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!silver.ucs.indiana.edu!bbeckman) status (signal 0, exit 68)

It's shown up twice now, the first time I tried to contact the postmaster at
sequent, but got no response.  If I understand correctly, somebody is trying
to execute some command on my system remotely, probably to transfer a file
or search my directories.  (Why can't uucp indicate WHO the requester is?)

PUBLIC NOTICE:
If this is in regards to my project to write a manual for UUPC, the current
working draft is not publically available, nor is it even on this machine!
The reviewers will get the initial draft around July 1st, the rest of you will
(unfortunately) have to wait a little longer.
Mike Nolan                                       "I don't know what apathy is,
Tailored Software Services, Inc.                  and I don't want to find out!"
Lincoln, Nebraska (402) 423-1490
UUCP: tssi!nolan should work,
      if not try something like uunet!frith!upba!tssi!nolan