[comp.mail.uucp] UUCP protocol question

mb@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Mark Benard) (06/02/90)

What does a RLOGIN response from the slave mean during the initial UUCP
handshake?  I have not seen that before.

I am trying to dial into a new local system and this is coming as a response
just after the master identifies itself (\020Srex -Q0\000).  This response
(\020RLOGIN) causes my system to terminate the session with a failed
handshake log entry.

I have a description of the UUCP protocol posted in 1987 to this newsgroup
and it does not mention RLOGIN.  Is there a more recent and more complete
UUCP protocol description available anywhere on the net?

Mark

wht@n4hgf.uucp (Warren Tucker) (06/05/90)

In article <3464@rex.cs.tulane.edu> mb@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Mark Benard) writes:
>I am trying to dial into a new local system and this is coming as a response
>just after the master identifies itself (\020Srex -Q0\000).  This response
>(\020RLOGIN) causes my system to terminate the session with a failed
>handshake log entry.

I suspect this means REMOTE REJECT AFTER LOGIN, which means your
system has a valid username and password and successfully ran uucico
on the remote system, but you aren't set up in the remote systems
Permission or USERFILE yet.

Warren Tucker, TuckerWare    gatech!n4hgf!wht or wht%n4hgf@gatech.edu
Any perceptible delay will eventually get on your nerves. --Bob Hyers