[comp.mail.uucp] Where can I find UUPC ?

lin@cdin-1.UUCP (Lin Chen ) (05/29/90)

Hi:

   Could someone tell me where I can find UUPC to download ? Thanks.
--
Lin Chen	      * Work : lin@cdin-1.COMPU.COM	     * (215)824-3000
CompuData Inc.        *        {dsinc,bpa}!cdin-1!lin	     *      x209

matt@cds1 (Mathew Di Nicola) (06/02/90)

lin@cdin-1.UUCP (Lin Chen  ) writes:

> Hi:
>
>    Could someone tell me where I can find UUPC to download
> Thanks.

UUPC can be downloaded from two places (that I know of) in
Sacramento.  The first is HSC Hotline, 2400 8n1 916/338-0618,
but they have a registration policy that does not allow first-
time callers to download until they are verified.  If you don't
mind making two calls on two different days, you can get it
there.

The second place is called Test Engineering BBS, 1200 8n1
916/923-0190 8n1.  You can download as a first time caller,
but they only support up to 1200, and for Long Distance
calls, this can be expensive.

As I said, these are only BBS's in Sacramento. . . I'm sure
there are others in your local city.  Also, I'm sure you
could use UUCP to file request it (if you have that capability)
but I don't know where you can do that.

--Matt
Mathew Di Nicola				      Sacramento, CA, USA

Internet: matt@cds1.UUCP			      UUCP= sactoh0!cds1!matt

help@kendra.kew.com (Drew Derbyshire) (06/02/90)

From article <Hwq4J2w162w@cds1>, by matt@cds1 (Mathew Di Nicola):
> lin@cdin-1.UUCP (Lin Chen  ) writes:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>>    Could someone tell me where I can find UUPC to download
>> Thanks.

UUPC/extended 1.07j is loaded on the Clarkson University CUHUG BBS,
1-315-268-6667.  This will, in general, be as up to date as they come,
since I get that reloaded when I send a copy to simtel20.army.mil, the
prime Internet site for getting it.

Drew Derbyshire

dalew@twiki.PDX.COM (Dale A. Weber) (06/06/90)

matt@cds1 (Mathew Di Nicola) writes:

> UUPC can be downloaded from two places (that I know of) in
> Sacramento.  The first is HSC Hotline, 2400 8n1 916/338-0618,
> but they have a registration policy that does not allow first-
> time callers to download until they are verified.  If you don't
> mind making two calls on two different days, you can get it
> there.

  UUPC v1.07j:

  uupc07ju.zip (executables, some docs)
  uupc07js.zip (source code, main docs)

  These as well as all other files on my system are available to first
time callers for download. All at 2400 Bps with MNP 1-5, or via Fido-Net
File/Request from 1:105/55 all hours except 0100 to 0200 PST. No anon
uucp available at this time. These files are found in /pub/network here.

  Dale
--
INET: dalew@pdx.com OR dalew@twiki.pdx.com
UUCP: ..!uunet!twiki!dalew OR ..!{sun!nosun, tektronix}!tessi!twiki!dalew