[comp.mail.uucp] uucp problem with waffle

ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org (David Dodell) (07/02/90)

I am trying to use the waffle uucp to copy a file up to my host.  I use the
command:

uucp asuvax!~/nodelist.180 nodelist.180

But get back the following, any ideas?

(0) on stjhmc (dialing), debug level 3
(0) Calling asuvax, device com2, speed 19200
(3) FOSSIL connection open
(3) Awaiting remote identification
(0) Talking to: asuvax
(3) Attempting handshake
(3) Handshake successful, 3 window(s)
(3) outgoing: "R ~/nodelist.180 nodelist.180 uucp -dc"
(0) file problem RN2 on remote host: nodelist.180

My host's postmaster has no idea what this means?

David

          St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona
        uucp: {gatech, ames, rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!ddodell
    Bitnet: ATW1H @ ASUACAD                    FidoNet=> 1:114/15
    Internet: ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org       FAX: +1 (602) 451-1165

dell@Apple.COM (Thomas E. Dell) (07/02/90)

ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org (David Dodell) writes:

>I am trying to use the waffle uucp to copy a file up to my host.  I use the
>command:

>uucp asuvax!~/nodelist.180 nodelist.180

This is backwards. If you're trying to copy a file TO your
neighbor, try the command

uucp nodelist.100 asuvax!~/nodelist.100

>But get back the following, any ideas?
>
>(3) outgoing: "R ~/nodelist.180 nodelist.180 uucp -dc"
>(0) file problem RN2 on remote host: nodelist.180

asuvax is trying to send you a file "nodelist.180", and it
can't find it. The uucp command takes as its two arguments source
and destination, in that order.

   ...Tom

dell@vox.darkside.com / Thomas E Dell