[comp.mail.uucp] Internet MX

matt@cds1.UUCP (Mathew Di Nicola) (07/12/90)

Wanted:  One Internet computer to act as MX for a single-user
ultra-low-volume UUCP machine.  Send maybe 5 mail messages per week
(maybe more when my address no longer contains !'s)... plus about 6-8
news conferences (which I could continue to recieve from my local UUCP
site).  Sacramento area preferable, but any and all responses are
appreciated.  (Actually, the only Internet site in Sacramento is csusac,
I think, and "for political reasons" they will not provide MX service).

Thanks in advance.  My knowledge of mail matters is somewhat limited
(I've only been doing this about a month now).  You must use those evil
bang paths to reach me....

--Matt

P.S. Has anyone compiled a list of the internet sites that are willing
to MX?  I know...I know.  *Another* list to be maintained.  I'd be
willing to volunteer if I get enough e-mail responses.
Mathew Di Nicola			      Sacramento, CA, USA

UUCP= pacbell!sactoh0!cds1!matt

paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO) (07/12/90)

matt@cds1.UUCP (Mathew Di Nicola) writes:

>Wanted:  One Internet computer to act as MX for a single-user
>ultra-low-volume UUCP machine.  Send maybe 5 mail messages per week
>(maybe more when my address no longer contains !'s)... plus about 6-8
>news conferences (which I could continue to recieve from my local UUCP
>site).  Sacramento area preferable, but any and all responses are
>appreciated.  (Actually, the only Internet site in Sacramento is csusac,
>I think, and "for political reasons" they will not provide MX service).

Sorry I can't help out in this instance.  In general the University of
Illinois' Computing Services Office is willing to provide MX forwarding
service for sites that extend our UUCP connectivity.  This means a willingness
to establish bi-directional UUCP links, run reasonably intelligent mail
software, and to pass third-party mail.  TrailBlazer Plus modems are a big win.

/pbp
--
         Paul Pomes

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2987