[comp.mail.uucp] Is there a UUPC providing UUCP file transfer?

ctwomey@ccvax.ucd.ie (08/07/90)

I've heard there are various versions of UUCP available for PC's.
I downloaded uupc07ju.zip from simtel and configured it and I now have
it working for mail.  However there is no uucp command avaiable with this
software.  In the changes summary provided it says:
   "There is no UUCP of UUX command"
Unfortunately this is precisely what I want the software for - transferring
files between machines using UUCP - I'm not interested in mail at all.

So, the question is, is there a version of UUPC which provides UUCP file
transfer?  Where?  How can I get it etc...?

Answers to ctwomey@ccvax.ucd.ie please.

Thanks,
Colum.

Colum Twomey,
Computer Centre,  University College Dublin,
Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.

ctwomey@ccvax.ucd.ie

sl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) (08/09/90)

In article <6143.26bee142@ccvax.ucd.ie> ctwomey@ccvax.ucd.ie writes:
>I've heard there are various versions of UUCP available for PC's.
>I downloaded uupc07ju.zip from simtel and configured it and I now have
>it working for mail.  However there is no uucp command avaiable with this
>software.  In the changes summary provided it says:
>   "There is no UUCP of UUX command"
>Unfortunately this is precisely what I want the software for - transferring
>files between machines using UUCP - I'm not interested in mail at all.
>
>So, the question is, is there a version of UUPC which provides UUCP file
>transfer?  Where?  How can I get it etc...?

uupc just transfers files under the directions of the job files (usually
stored in /usr/spool/uucp).

All you need is a small program that will create a simple job file
(/usr/spool/uucp/C.xxxx) with the name of the file to transfer (look at uupc
source or sample C. files that are generated when mail is sent for format).

You can optionally copy the file to be copied to a temporary file as well
(/usr/spool/uucp/D.xxxx).

--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca ubc-cs!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice)