[comp.mail.uucp] Networks in Spain...

manzo@m.cs.uiuc.edu (08/29/90)

Does any one knows how can I get information about electronic
networks in Spain connected to BITNET, UUCP, Intenet, etc..??

Thanks,
William

-----
William Manzo, MD
University of Illinois
Dept. of Computer Science
manzo@cs.uiuc.edu
{uu-net,pur-ee,convex,...}!uiucdcs!manzo

joe@cbnews.att.com (Joseph Judge) (08/30/90)

	From the _A_Directory_of_Electronic_Mail_, !%@::, Addressing and
	Networks (O'Reilly and Assoc. - a nutshell book)

	(Quoted w/o permission)
	Spain runs a national network similar to Eunet in Europe. It runs in
	conjunction with IRIS, a national networking program in Spain. ...
	approx 43 hosts at 23 sites ...

	From the INTERNET: 	user@subdomain.ES
				user%subdomain@uunet.uu.net

	It looks like 'goya' is *the* host in Spain with connections to
	BITNET/EARN, EUnet, and HEPnet.

	Hope that helps...

	Joseph Judge		postmaster@att.com

petrilli@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Chris Petrilli) (08/31/90)

In article <6000004@m.cs.uiuc.edu> manzo@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>Does any one knows how can I get information about electronic
>networks in Spain connected to BITNET, UUCP, Intenet, etc..??
>
>Thanks,
>William

From John Quarterman's Excellent book _The Matrix_:

HPEnet:			molli@ciemat.ed
	On Internet
Enet (EUNet):		postmaster@dit.upm.es
	X.400 by now
Ean:			barbera@iris-dcp.es
	only 9600 x.25
RICA:			private

There appears to be the standard European networks, which are connected
into Internet.

+ Chris Petrilli                                    "Opinons represented here
| University of Texas at Austin                      do not necessarily
| INTERNET: petrilli@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu              represent those of a sane
| SNAILMAIL: 429 Brady Lane, Austin, Texas, 78746    person.  Take them as
+ PHONE:     +1 512 327 0986                         simply that."