[comp.mail.uucp] Potential creation of MMDF newsgroup

marekp@torag.uucp (Marek Pawlowski) (09/18/90)

   This is a wonderful idea.  Not only is the MMDF system, in my opinion,
a rather unfriendly lump of software, but it is not easy to manage, nor
administrate, and is not the one for hacking around with.  I would even
be interested in creating an unmoderated mailing list if there are enough
people interested.  No gripes there.

--

Marek Pawlowski | marekp@contact.uucp, marekp@generic.uucp, marekp@pnet91.uucp,

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (09/18/90)

In article <1990Sep17.210710.29928@torag.uucp> marekp@torag.uucp (Marek Pawlowski) writes:
>   This is a wonderful idea.  Not only is the MMDF system, in my opinion,
>a rather unfriendly lump of software, but it is not easy to manage, nor
>administrate, and is not the one for hacking around with.  I would even
>be interested in creating an unmoderated mailing list if there are enough
>people interested.  No gripes there.

ok.. so it's got a few quirks.  :-)

in the meantime there's already an unmoderated mailing list.  Namely
`mmdf2@relay.cs.net' and you sign up through mmdf2-request just like
all properly run mailing lists.

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david@twg.com>