[comp.mail.uucp] Sun Problems to SCO Xenix HDP uucp

bill@camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) (10/23/90)

I am having a problem connecting a Sun system to camco.  The
problem is that uucico fails during the login sequence waiting
for the password response.  The problem seems to be that uucico
stops looking for 'ssword' when in sees the carriage-return line-feed
combination as the system echos the login name.  i.e. a normal
login looks in part like:

expect: (ogin)
^J^M^J^M^Jcamco1!logingot it
sendthem (uucpslug^M)
expect: (ssword)
: ^M^M^J^M^Jcamco1!login: uucpslug^M^JPasswordgot it
sendthem (xxxxxx^M)
ISTRIP cleared

On the Sun system this would get as far as:
expect: (ogin)
^J^M^J^M^Jcamco1!logingot it
sendthem (uucpslug^M)
expect: (ssword)
: ^M^M^J^M^Jcamco1!login: uucpslug

and time out never seeing the password.

Has anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks
--
INTERNET:  bill@Celestial.COM   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
UUCP:   ...!thebes!camco!bill   6641 East Mercer Way

jpr@jpradley.uucp (Jean-Pierre Radley) (10/26/90)

In article <237@camco.Celestial.COM> bill@camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
>I am having a problem connecting a Sun system to camco.  The
>problem is that uucico fails during the login sequence waiting
>for the password response.  The problem seems to be that uucico
>stops looking for 'ssword' when in sees the carriage-return line-feed
>combination as the system echos the login name.  i.e. a normal
>login looks in part like:

I don't own a Sun, but I have noticed when I was logged in on once that the
normal stty setting is cs7, whereas cs8 is what I've always ever seen on *nix
systems.

Would setting cs7 as part of the initial gettydefs work, and would it then
upset other logins?
--

 Jean-Pierre Radley          HIGH-Q	     jpr@jpradley	CIS: 72160,1341