[comp.mail.uucp] Apple Link

kimpao@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Kim Pao) (02/13/90)

This is for a friend.  She works for Apple Computers and is trying
to reach a uucp node from applelink.  She doesn't know how and
apparently (albeit surprisingly) nobody around knows how to.
Any suggestions?

-- Kim Pao

--
Kim Pao
Thayer School of Engineering

fair@Apple.COM (Erik E. Fair) (02/27/90)

In the referenced article, kimpao@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Kim Pao) writes:
>This is for a friend.  She works for Apple Computers and is trying
>to reach a uucp node from applelink.  She doesn't know how and
>apparently (albeit surprisingly) nobody around knows how to.
>Any suggestions?

Clearly your friend hasn't found me yet.

What she needs to do is as follows:

given site!user where "site" is the UUCP site she's trying to send
mail to, she should put:

	user@site.uucp@DASNET#

into the TO: field of her message. There is one gotcha: the site
*must* be registered in the UUCP maps. If it isn't, the mail will
bounce back when it gets to my machine, apple.com.

	Erik E. Fair	apple!fair	fair@apple.com
	Apple Postmaster

chris@herbert.uucp (Chris Greve) (11/10/90)

Does anyone know how to address email given only the Apple Link name as
a destination?

Is there an internet apple link gateway?

Thanks

Chris Greve  --  EG&G, Energy Measurements  --  Remote Sensing Laboratory

UUCP:	{...}!sun!sunvegas!herbert!chris