[comp.mail.uucp] New Site Emperor

kls@ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) (11/26/90)

In article <725@pooh.scs.com> lad@pooh.scs.com (Larry Deleski) writes:
>I've posted this new map a few times already, and it hasn't shown up in
>comp.mail.maps.  Here goes...

>#P      2045 Hamilton Ave. San Jose, CA 95125

Perhaps that's because the Northern California maps haven't been updated
in nearly four months.  Hopefully Erik will do something about this before
the rabid routers start forcing too much traffic down the sewers in their
foolish insistence that the map data is up-to-date and accurate.

--
Karl Swartz			 |UUCP	{uunet,decwrl}!daver!ditka!kls
1-408/223-1308			 |INet	kls@ditka.chicago.com

seanf@sco.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) (12/11/90)

In article <31961@ditka.UUCP> kls@ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) writes:
>Perhaps that's because the Northern California maps haven't been updated
>in nearly four months.  Hopefully Erik will do something about this before
>the rabid routers start forcing too much traffic down the sewers in their
>foolish insistence that the map data is up-to-date and accurate.

I got a message from Erik.  He said that he was training someone (whose name
I forget, sorry; ask me from kithrup, and I'll be able to tell you, I think)
to take over his job.

This came about because I noticed that the latest entry for kithrup used the
Aug 1989 entry, which is *very* much out of date.

Which reminds me:  I've got a slight problem with my maps stuff, so I may as
well ask it now.  My map entry looks something like

	kithrup	.kithrup.com
	kithrup	ucscc(HOURLY/2+DIRECT), sco(DAILY/3+DIRECT)

mail sent to kithrup.uucp will go through sco, despite the fact that I only
call them three times a day.  Mail sent to uunet!kithrup.ucup!sef will be
routed through sco, and they can get to me a *lot* faster by going through
ucscc (which is on the internet).

The problem, as far as I can tell, is that ucscc doesn't have a map entry (I
think because they're on the internet, and don't need one).  Has anybody
else run into this, and does anyone have any advice?

Thanks...

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "*Never* knock on Death's door:  ring the bell and