[comp.mail.uucp] Need an example UUCP file

jtn@ADS.COM (John T. Nelson) (12/13/90)

Does anyone have an example UUCP chat script they can send me which
correctly negotiates Annex boxes?  Everytime I try to talk to one of
these guys with UUCP I get a boatload of garbage characters which my
UUCP chat script can't handle.  I think it's because UUCP likes to
talk in 8 bit no parity and the Annex boxes expect you to log in at
7E1.

Any experiences would be appreciated.  Maybe I should send a few
breaks as so...  \b-ogin:-\b-ogin-\b-ogin

?

Thanks in advance.

--
ORGANIZATION:  Advanced Decision Systems   GEOGRAPHIC: Arlington, VA
UUCP:          kzin!speaker@mimsy.umd.edu  INTERNET:   jtn@potomac.ads.com

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (12/17/90)

In article <*QF^NB#@ads.com> jtn@ADS.COM (John T. Nelson) writes:

>Does anyone have an example UUCP chat script they can send me which
>correctly negotiates Annex boxes?  Everytime I try to talk to one of
>these guys with UUCP I get a boatload of garbage characters which my
>UUCP chat script can't handle.  I think it's because UUCP likes to
>talk in 8 bit no parity and the Annex boxes expect you to log in at
>7E1.

We have all our Annex ports set to the default, namely 8 databits,
no parity and one stop bit.

All remote sites calling one of our Annexes uses various versions
of the following chat script (expressed in terms of HDB uucp):

\d\d nnex:--nnex: stty\siflow\snone\soflow\snone\sattn\snone nnex:
rlogin\suucphost ogin: <username> ssword: <password>

--
Robert Claeson                  |Reasonable mailers: rclaeson@erbe.se
ERBE DATA AB                    |      Dumb mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@sunet.se