[comp.mail.uucp] Valid chat script commands for Xenix 286 uucp. Need delay!

lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, (203) 758-1811 Ext 7728) (01/02/91)

Does anyone know how to make uucp on Xenix wait a while during the chat script?
I tried \d and that didn't work. The Xenix manuals don't seem to have this and
most of the parameters given in the O'reilly bible don't seem to work.

If anyone has a list of valid commands for the Xenix uucp chat script, I'd
appreciate receiving a copy of it.  Thanks.

ps: We're talking about Xenix 286 V 2.2.1

Seng-Poh Lee                                lee@gdc.portal.com

ronald@robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) (01/03/91)

lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, (203) 758-1811 Ext 7728) writes:

> Does anyone know how to make uucp on Xenix wait a while during the chat script?
> I tried \d and that didn't work.

It's been a while, but if my memory serves me right, it's PAUSE, also
possibly PAUSE<digit> to say how long to pause for.

--
ronald@robobar.co.uk +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)