[comp.mail.uucp] Smail 3.1.18.?

fred@seer.UUCP (Glen Collins) (01/06/91)

In smail 3.1.18.? how is the message id come about??? I know in 2.5
the message id was time,date, year etc. But now how is it calculated?

-Glen COllins (uunet!{unisoft,seeker}!seer!fred)
.

lyndon@cs.athabascau.ca (Lyndon Nerenberg) (01/08/91)

fred@seer.UUCP (Glen Collins) writes:

>In smail 3.1.18.? how is the message id come about??? I know in 2.5
>the message id was time,date, year etc. But now how is it calculated?

The default configuration generates it using the current time, and
the inode number of the file containing the message (in the smail
spool directory - usually /usr/spool/smail/input). Check the source
for details.
--
    Lyndon Nerenberg  VE6BBM / Computing Services / Athabasca University
        {alberta,cbmvax,mips}!atha!lyndon || lyndon@cs.athabascau.ca