[comp.mail.uucp] Wanted: UUCP for the Macintosh

naasif@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au (Naasif Gierdien [Wabbit]) (01/29/91)

Hello. I'm looking for UUCP software for the Apple Mac. If anyone
can help please email me at the address below.

Thanks,

Naasif

--
Naasif Gierdien             \_/                Melbourne, Australia.
                            ( )

schoff@uu.psi.com (Martin Schoffstall) (01/30/91)

uAccess from ICE Engineering is a good product, try

	info@ice.com

Marty
---------

In article <3517@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au> naasif@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au (Naasif Gierdien [Wabbit]) writes:
>Hello. I'm looking for UUCP software for the Apple Mac. If anyone
>can help please email me at the address below.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Naasif
>
>--
>Naasif Gierdien             \_/                Melbourne, Australia.
>                            ( )
>                           (   )      Internet: naasif@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au
>#include <disclaimer.h>                   UUCP: ...!uunet!eyrie.uu.oz.au!naasif

dcoster@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (David Peter Coster) (01/31/91)

There are two uucp programs for the mac on sumex in the comm
subdirectory of info-mac:
  mac-gnuucp-26.hqx
  uupc-20.hqx

Dave

----

David Coster
dcoster@phoenix.princeton.edu

jeffs@bcs800.UUCP (Jeff Smith) (02/02/91)

In <5805@idunno.Princeton.EDU> dcoster@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (David Peter Coster) writes:

>There are two uucp programs for the mac on sumex in the comm
>subdirectory of info-mac:
>  mac-gnuucp-26.hqx
>  uupc-20.hqx

If anyone can retrieve these files from sumex, I would like to get a copy
mailed to me if it's possible.

thanks!
jeffs
--
Jeff Smith                  | #include <stdDisclaimer.h>
Brock Control Systems       | uucp: ...!gatech!emory!bcs800!jeffs
                            | jiffy: length of time it takes me to solve
tel: +800 444 3070          |      your problem by killing your process.

bhoule@se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Bill Houle) (02/05/91)

In <1191@bcs800.UUCP> jeffs@bcs800.UUCP (Jeff Smith) writes:
>>There are two uucp programs for the mac on sumex in the comm
>>subdirectory of info-mac:
>>  mac-gnuucp-26.hqx
>>  uupc-20.hqx
>
>If anyone can retrieve these files from sumex, I would like to get a copy
>mailed to me if it's possible.

You can get these from the Rice mailserver.  Mail to
	listserv@ricevm1.rice.edu
and say:
	$MACARCH GET comm/uupc-20.hqx

Don't bother getting the Mac/gnuucp that is there.  It is a very old
version.  Jim O'Dell is preparing to post the latest-and-greatest
v4.3 to comp.{binaries,sources}.mac.  I'd wait and grab it there.
I've only played with these 2 packages for a few days, and I can't
speak for the actual UUCP performance, but in terms of the mail
reader portion Mac/gnuucp blows the doors off uupc.  IMHO.

--
Bill Houle                       bhoule@se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
NCR NPD-San Diego                (619) 693-5593