[comp.mail.uucp] smail3.1 and smail2.5

alan@s5000.RSVL.UNISYS.COM (Al Kiecker) (02/05/91)

I am attempting to upgrade from smail2.5 to smail3.1. It is considerably
more complex and is giving me some problems in trying to figure out how
to configure it.

How do I accomplish with smail3.1 the equivalent of SMARTHOST that I had with
smail 2.5 ??

Thanks.

							-- al
--
Al Kiecker				UUCP: 	alan@rsvl.unisys.com
UNISYS - Open Architecture & Products		uunet!s5000!alan

In article <77@s5000.RSVL.UNISYS.COM> alan@s5000.RSVL.UNISYS.COM (Al Kiecker) writes:
>I am attempting to upgrade from smail2.5 to smail3.1. It is considerably
>more complex and is giving me some problems in trying to figure out how
>to configure it.

>How do I accomplish with smail3.1 the equivalent of SMARTHOST that I had with
>smail 2.5 ??

In the "config" file, you need an entry that says:
smart_path = path!to!smarthost
and one that says:
smart_transport = uux
  or you might prefer the demand transport if you like speedy mail.

Les Mikesell
  les@chinet.chi.il.us