[comp.mail.uucp] smail.3.20.tar.Z

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (03/04/91)

I noticed that smail3.20.tar.Z is on uunet in /tmp - what
does 20 do over 19?

larry

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator

tron@Veritas.COM (Ronald S. Karr) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar04.025428.13304@nstar.rn.com> larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>I noticed that smail3.20.tar.Z is on uunet in /tmp - what
>does 20 do over 19?

Smail3.1.20 includes some bug fixes to the 3.1.19 release, and also
slightly changes the way OS configuration files are written.  There
are a few new features, but they are not very important.

The 3.1.20 release is a limited distribution.  The major reason for
this is that I want to make sure that the OS files are still okay,
after being substantially rewritten.  Also, it was sent to a number
of key sites that have been interactively involved in the past,
partially to ensure that I haven't missed anything.
--
	tron |-<=>-|		ARPAnet:  veritas!tron@apple.com
      tron@veritas.com		UUCPnet:  {amdahl,apple,pyramid}!veritas!tron