[comp.mail.uucp] QMail

Rob.Richter@p1.f49.n292.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Rob Richter) (03/27/91)

 CM>   You might try grabbing a copy of Qmail.  It scans, packs and
 CM> tosses the mail and I believe it supports QuickBBS/RA message bases.

The released version of QMail does not support QuickBBS or RemoteAccess.
The unreleased beta version (1.23/b, I think) "supports" QuickBBS and
RemoteAccess style message bases.  Work on this version stopped about 18
months ago (I guess) and has never restarted.

There are numerous bugs in the beta version, enough bugs to suggest that
it not be used with QuickBBS or RA message bases.  Let's just say that
if you care about your message base, you will not use the beta version.

Unfortunately, it is the fastest mail processor alive for QuickBBS/RA.
It's twice as fast as QEcho and a zillion times faster than ZMail.

--- XRS! 4.10-
 * Origin: Creo Imagonem - The Castle BBS - (507)281-8292 (RAX 1:292/49.1)

--
Rob Richter - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!292!49.1!Rob.Richter