[comp.mail.uucp] Comment

Richard.Burbridge@p0.f338.n103.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Richard Burbridge) (03/28/91)

Mike,

  Sorry that I have not been here for a while to say howdy... hope all
is well.

  I have a concept that I would like to run past your nose....

  I have been collecting a mirage of user's....  and I have a very small
area for storage of files for immediate availability...

  Mind if I capture the File Name from here, index them and put them on
my system with footnotes to call here if they would like the files that
are on this system?

  Would possibly increase your user level, and sorta goes along with the
idea of Shareware concepts... But in this case we could call Sharefiles
Concept...     :)

  Lemme know what you think about it... Several other systems and I are
doing this.  It has increased User Level remarkably.  Better than just
leaving on the closing screen telephone numbers of other systems.  This
idea prompts them to call your system for the file that is on your
system.

  Otherwise, if they keep requesting the same file over and again, then
I have to logon to another system, download it, and make it available on
my system, and then you lose a possible User.

  I support Criminal Information through a Door program, no games or
other stuff...

Cheers

Richard

--- QM v1.00
 * Origin: The Archivist's Scroll (714) 996-0805 (1:103/338.0)

--
Richard Burbridge - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!103!338.0!Richard.Burbridge