[comp.mail.uucp] Dupe Problem...

Ron.Lahti@f0.n45.z45.FIDONET.ORG (Ron Lahti) (03/24/91)

 > functioning correctly except for one thing.  Once it deposits
 > the ARCed mail into my outbound area, BinkleyTerm refuses to
 > acknowledge the mails existence.
 >
 > Is there anyone using Bink and Imail together, and if so, did
 > you have this problem.  I was using Qecho, Echogen, and Ommm
 > to handle all this previously.

Hi Jim!

   The documentation for IMAIL mentions something about the fact
that it is NOT compatible with Binkley... This may have something to
do with it....(LARGE GRIN)!!

    Imail was designed for use with Front Door...

                    Ron

---
 * Origin: VNET RPG BACKBONE - [619] 347-0353 HST/V42 (45:45/0)

--
Ron Lahti - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!45!45!0!Ron.Lahti

Chuck.McKnight@f104.n170.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chuck McKnight) (03/25/91)

 JS>I'm having a dupe problem of my systems own making.

 JS>In an attempt to fix it, I have switched to Imail for the handling
 JS>of all my mail functions.  So far it seems to be functioning
 JS>correctly except for one thing.  Once it deposits the ARCed mail
 JS>into my outbound area, BinkleyTerm refuses to acknowledge the mails
 JS>existence.

 JS>Is there anyone using Bink and Imail together, and if so, did you
 JS>have this problem.  I was using Qecho, Echogen, and Ommm to handle
 JS>all this previously.

 JS>Further info upon request.

Jim,

   You might try grabbing a copy of Qmail.  It scans, packs and
tosses the mail and I believe it supports QuickBBS/RA message bases.

   Or holler at me sometime about XBBS and XST, the
sysop-hostile hope-you-enjoy-tweaking software.  But it does
work....  ;-)   And it's free....   ;-)

   Cya!

Chuck

--- XBBS/HEd 1.17 & XST23a
 * Origin: The C-Shore BBS (45:540/104) (1:170/104)

--
Chuck McKnight - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!170!104!Chuck.McKnight

Jim.Stanford@f1011.n124.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Jim Stanford) (03/27/91)

In your msg to Jim Stanford, dated 24 Mar 91 12:51, you said:

 >    The documentation for IMAIL mentions something about the fact that
 > it is NOT compatible with Binkley... This may have something to do
 > with it....(LARGE GRIN)!!
 >
 >     Imail was designed for use with Front Door...

        Ok, now suitably humbled... my first reaction was to swear up and down that NO mention was made of Binkley whatsoever...

        Then reason set in.  I promptly loaded up WordPerfect and had it search for every mention of Binkley.  It occurs exactly twice... both in the batch file example... which I didn't need... figures...

        Oh well, I've been working on configuring FD for my system, but with no luck.  If I had more time now, I'd relate more of the sad state, but alas I don't... work comes early and school comes afterwards.... maybe I can relate this over the weekend...

        Hasta... and curses, foiled again!  (LARGER GRIN)!

--Jim Stanford

---
 * Origin: Camelot BBS - Dallas, TX - (214) 339-8283    (Fido 1:124/1011)

--
Jim Stanford - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!124!1011!Jim.Stanford

Ron.Lahti@f0.n45.z45.FIDONET.ORG (Ron Lahti) (03/27/91)

 >         Ok, now suitably humbled... my first reaction was to
 > swear up and down that NO mention was made of Binkley
 > whatsoever...

We * ALL * have those days! You should have heard me when I was
first setting things up here...

 >         Oh well, I've been working on configuring FD for my
 > system, but with no luck.  If I had more time now, I'd relate

Feel free to call me if you want some help with the FD. I run it
here and really do enjoy it. My number is 619-342-7818...

 >         Hasta... and curses, foiled again!  (LARGER GRIN)!

Temporarily set back... never foiled!

Ron

---

JOHN.BOWLIN@p0.f103.n542.z45.FIDONET.ORG (JOHN BOWLIN) (03/28/91)

JS>        Oh well, I've been working on configuring FD for my system, but wit
JS>no luck.  If I had more time now, I'd relate more of the sad state, but ala
JS>don't... work comes early and school comes afterwards.... maybe I can relat
JS>this over the weekend...

 Front Door was so easy to set up I almost cried.  Compared to the
 archaic config files of Binkley, FD is a dream.  There are subtle
 differences in the _meaning_ of certain things you're used to, though.
 For instance, if mail is flagged as Crash by your scanner FD will NOT
 mess with it in the ROUTE.FD file stuff, which means it goes out
 whenever!  Best thing to do is never mark anything as Crash, Hold,
 whatever, except in Route.FD.  But I've found that for as much power FD
 has it sure is easy to use.

 Berek Halfhand

---
 * Origin: The Wyrm's Byte: Fantasy in Reality! 409-823-2245 (45:542/103.0)

--
JOHN BOWLIN - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!45!542!103.0!JOHN.BOWLIN