[comp.mail.uucp] UUCP

lyndon@ncc.UUCP (04/04/87)

In article <7319@boring.mcvax.cwi.nl>, jack@mcvax.cwi.nl (Jack Jansen) writes:
> [...]
> Of course, you won't have sequence numbers and callback and all that stuff,
> but do you *really* care? Just restrict micros to sending mail, and that's
> all.

As the "world" adopts RFC822 for mail, it will be important that any
mailer systems understand the envelope syntax required by the standard.

If you only want to exchange mail with local (PC based) sites, or BBS
systems, you don't require anything fancy. On the other hand, if you
want to talk to the world, you are going to need software capable of
generating (and understanding) the headers.

The routing problem isn't going to get any easier either...

Nancy.Feldman@f5.n45.z45.FIDONET.ORG (Nancy Feldman) (03/26/91)

Just curious:  What is all this UUCP mail doing in VNET?  If it
belongs here, fine; but I just want to know.

-> MegaMail v2.01 #0:Green, blue, brown or bronze; I'm not choosy!

--- MkUti v2.1d
 * Origin: From Purgatory BBS - (503) 370-9739 - Salem, Oregon (45:45/5)

--
Nancy Feldman - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!45!45!5!Nancy.Feldman

Ron.Lahti@f0.n45.z45.FIDONET.ORG (Ron Lahti) (03/27/91)

 > Just curious:  What is all this UUCP mail doing in VNET?  If
 > it
 > belongs here, fine; but I just want to know.

Someone has some areas messed up and it was dumped into the wrong
conference. I have already requested that it be stopped!

 > -> MegaMail v2.01 #0:Green, blue, brown or bronze; I'm not choosy!
------------------------------------------------------------^

I prefer Goldens....

Ron

---
 * Origin: VNET RPG BACKBONE - [619] 347-0353 HST/V42 (45:45/0)

--
Ron Lahti - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!45!45!0!Ron.Lahti

Mike.Bandoian@p0.f338.n103.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Bandoian) (03/28/91)

-> Someone has some areas messed up and it was dumped into the wrong
-> conference. I have already requested that it be stopped!

        Thanks, VNet linked to UUCP is a very scary thought.

--- QM v1.00
 * Origin: The Archivist's Scroll (714) 996-0805 (1:103/338.0)

--
Mike Bandoian - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!103!338.0!Mike.Bandoian

Ron.Lahti@f0.n45.z45.FIDONET.ORG (Ron Lahti) (03/29/91)

 >         Thanks, VNet linked to UUCP is a very scary thought.

You're telling me?

---

stanley@phoenix.com (John Stanley) (04/01/91)

Mike.Bandoian@p0.f338.n103.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Bandoian) writes:

> -> Someone has some areas messed up and it was dumped into the wrong
> -> conference. I have already requested that it be stopped!
>
>         Thanks, VNet linked to UUCP is a very scary thought.

   Link all you want to UUCP, there is no problem. Just don't connect to
USEnet. Of course, UUCP doesn't have conferences, or anything that looks
like conferences, so I don't know how you were dumping things into UUCP
'conferences' by mistake in the first place.

scott@phlpa.UUCP (Scott Scheingold) (04/10/91)

 I am very sorry if this message shows up more than once,
problems with my news poster.

	I have a question regarding prioritys. When I priority is
set for a user and this user executes a file that sets the user
id to the owner of a file. Who gets the priorty the user executing the file
or the owner of the file.

	An example of this would be as follows.

-rwsr-sr-x   2 news     news       90612 Apr 03 11:17 rnews

Now this program is started by uucp but it is set to use news UID but
when this program is run a ps -ef shows that uucp is running the
program. If a priority of say 30 was put on this so it would not
take as much cpu time who would get the setting. uucp or news.

I am running SCO UNIX SYS V/386 Rel. 3.2.2

Thanks for the help.

Scott Scheingold

UUCP ...!lgnp1!phlpa!scott
INTERNET scott@lgnp1!phlpa