[comp.mail.uucp] Terminal Server Help

ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org (David Dodell) (05/30/91)

My host is running the following:

TRW Terminal Server
BridgeComm Software Version 11050

I am trying to estabish a uucp "g" session with him over the Terminal server
without much luck.

Dialin modem is 9600 V32

We get all the way into the login script, uucp "g" starts up and locks ...
any suggestions?

David

          St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona
        uucp: {gatech, ames, rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!ddodell
    Bitnet: ATW1H @ ASUACAD                    FidoNet=> 1:114/15
    Internet: ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org       FAX: +1 (602) 451-1165

slee@isis.cs.du.edu (Seng-Poh Lee) (05/31/91)

In article <12814.284508F4@stjhmc.fidonet.org> ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org (David Dodell) writes:
>My host is running the following:
>
>TRW Terminal Server
>BridgeComm Software Version 11050
>
>I am trying to estabish a uucp "g" session with him over the Terminal server
>without much luck.
>
>Dialin modem is 9600 V32
>
>We get all the way into the login script, uucp "g" starts up and locks ...
>any suggestions?

Yeah, make sure XON/XOFF flow control on the Terminal server is turned OFF.
Guaranteed to screw up uucp. And it should be turned off at BOTH directions.
Also, if you are running MNP error correction on your modem with a higher
terminal rate, use HARDWARE flow control (CTS) and disable XON/XOFF within MNP.

Seng-Poh Lee
slee@isis.cs.du.edu