[comp.mail.uucp] Western Union / EasyLink Gateway ??

eddjp@edi386.UUCP ( Dewey Paciaffi ) (06/25/91)

Is there a gateway that allows the forwarding of UUCP mail to
persons that are connected to the Western Union/EasyLink mail
system? If so, what kind of addressing is required from the UUCP
end?

--
Dewey Paciaffi           ...!uunet!edi386!eddjp

In article <166@edi386.UUCP> eddjp@edi386.UUCP ( Dewey Paciaffi ) writes:
>Is there a gateway that allows the forwarding of UUCP mail to
>persons that are connected to the Western Union/EasyLink mail
>system? If so, what kind of addressing is required from the UUCP
>end?

I don't know of any free gateway connections but the commercial attmail
service offers a connection to uucp machines and gateways to telex
(bi-directional, you get a telex number to receive messages which are
delivered to user "telex" on your machine).  Addressing is straightforward
uucp syntax: attmail!telex!number.  They also deliver to fax machines.
Compared to uunet, the subscription cost is low, the per-message cost is high.

Les Mikesell
  les@chinet.chi.il.us