	From: ihnp4!ihlpa!sft
	>To: /addr=ihnp4!hoptoad!gnu
	Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1987 08:06 CST
	Message-Service: Mail
	Message-Protocol: EMail
	End-Of-Header:
	Email-Version: 2
	To: hoptoad!gnu
	Subject: Re: Wanted: agef program
	Ua-Message-Id: <post.sft.Thu, 12 Mar 1987 08:03 CST>
	End-Of-Protocol:

		Thank you for the reply, but I already received a copy.

			THANKS :-)

To me it looks like a core dump of a binary message header.
I asked Mark Horton about this and he said it was from an X.400
gateway and that it was unlikely that it could get fixed, e.g. to
remove all the trash headers.  This must be political rather than
technical since even I can write a sed script that will fix this message
right up, and another one to insert meaningless headers on messages
going the other way.  It strongly reminds me of Geoff Collyer's joke
messages that poke fun at RFC822 by inserting silly header lines.
But I think these guys are serious, and they're The Telephone Company.
--
{dasys1,ncoast,well,sun,ihnp4}!hoptoad!gnu	       gnu@ingres.berkeley.edu
Alt.all: the alternative radio of the Usenet.