[comp.emacs] Signalling shell processes

dave@dvm.UUCP (David Brand) (11/26/86)

I have noticed that when using shell windows on systems without pseudo-
terminal support under GNU v.17.62 (ok, so we're a little behind), it is
impossible to send interrupts using C-cC-c.  I understand that there is
no job control (and no concept of terminal for that matter) without
working ptys, but it should still be possible to kill a process.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in a later release?

Thanks...
--

					- Dave

...{decvax,ihnp4,ucbvax}!allegra!phri!orville!dvm!dave

karl@osu-eddie.UUCP (Karl Kleinpaste) (11/28/86)

dave@dvm.UUCP writes:
>I have noticed that when using shell windows on systems without pseudo-
>terminal support under GNU v.17.62, it is
>impossible to send interrupts using C-cC-c.  ...
>Does anyone know if this has been fixed in a later release?

Fixed in V18.

Gee, now I feel like a BSD release person...  {:-)}

*chuckle*
--
Karl